When we configure Adsense for search, we have two options to show search results:
- Within Blog page
- On Google page
In order to retain the visitor on your blog and lower down the bounce rate, it’s a good advice to show the search result within your blog. In this tutorial, I will be sharing how you can create Adsense for search and show the results within your blog page.
You can earn money with Google Adsense for Search then why not Migrate to it? Want to migrate? Huh! Read this tutorial! I know, most you will know about Google Adsense for search but it’s not bad to let people know who don’t know that they are losing a handsome amount of money from their search results.
2) Fill your name, keywords and all the other data.
3) In “What to Search”, select “Only Sites I select” and write the complete URLs (Including HTTP://) of the sites you want to search. You may only add your site to show results from your blog/site.
5) Now login to WordPress dashboard and create a new WordPress page. This page will be the place where the search results would be shown. It’s better to create a page name with “Search” and don’t forget to use no index tag for that page. So let’s assume your page name is domain.com/search
6) So in above image, in URL Field, you will be adding http://domain.com/search. Replacing domain name with your actual domain name.
7) Click on “Save and get the code”. You will get two codes. The 1st code is for displaying the search box, and the 2nd one is to be added in the page where you will like to show the search results i.e., the page you create in 5th step.
8 ) Open your WordPress Dashboard and open HTML editor of the page you created in 5th step. Paste the 2nd Adsense you got in the previous step.
9) Create a text widget and paste the 1st Adsense code.
10) All is well! You are done, Start earning from Search results.
[*] If your search box is looking big, find “size=” in the 1st Adsense code and set its value to a lesser amount.
Many Adsense publishers claimed that search box helps them to generate a good revenue. You can always configure ad placement for search while setting the ad or edit the already created channel from dashboard.